The Canadian Society of Professional Event Planners (CanSPEP) is a dynamic, diverse and innovative society of Independent Event Professionals with a leading national voice in the event industry and is the only association in Canada that offers an exclusive membership to independent event planner entrepreneurs. Formed in 1996, the association provides forums in which members exchange ideas, develop skills through educational programs and create a public awareness around the profession of event planners. While membership is open to event planners only, the association offers industry suppliers an opportunity to showcase their products and services to our members through various advertising and sponsorship opportunities.
Our primary goal is to promote professionalism and create awareness of the many skills that independent meeting planners offer. Our membership represents a diverse group of experienced businesses that cater to clients in the corporate, association, government and not-for-profit sectors, as well as the special events market.
CanSPEP is a unique association that offers these services to members:
- Collegial opportunities to share knowledge within the events and meetings profession
- Opportunities to gain knowledge in:
- Building and managing a small business
- Latest trends in the event and meetings profession
- Opportunities to partner with fellow CanSPEP members to increase skills and services offered to clients
- Members only content (available through member login)
- Social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook)
- Request for Proposals from potential clients
- “Request for Assistance” Discussion Group
- Large network of proven suppliers from AV to printers
CanSPEP offers unique opportunities to those seeking a professional planner:
- One stop shopping to view independent planners across Canada
- Knowledge that a CanSPEP member is well versed in strategic planning, has a wealth of supplier relationships, can partner with other CanSPEP members to ensure corporations, associations, non-profit, government events and meetings are designed and delivered successfully
- One stop shopping to submit a Request for Proposal that will be viewed by CanSPEP professional members and responded to responsibly
CanSPEP is a founding member of The Business Events Industry Coalition of Canada.
The BEICC’s mission is to provide a unified voice for the business events industry and to promote the economic and business impact of our sector to government at all levels and the corporate world at large.
For more information please visit www.beicc.com
Are you the type of person who is looking to volunteer their time to ensure CanSPEP, and the industry as a whole, move forward?
We are also proud supporters of the Starlight Children’s Foundation.