CHARLOTTETOWN, PEI – JULY 29, 2017 – CanSPEP’s 2017 National Conference – themed around the spirit of Canadian entrepreneurship – was an amazing three days of networking, education and island hospitality – culminating in a celebration of our members and Award of Merit recipients for 2017.
CanSPEP Award of Merit Recipients for 2017:
Jeremy Tyrell Scholarship
- Created by the Board of Directors in honour of one of the Business Event Industry’s leaders, and long-time friend of CanSPEP, Jeremy Tyrell
- Recognizes a supplier partner who continuously demonstrates proven ambassadorship of CanSPEP and our members
- Recipient: Candace Shierling, Tourism Saskatoon
Volunteer of the Year Award
- Recognizes a CanSPEP member who has demonstrated his/her commitment to the organization with a notable contribution of skills, time and effort in the last 12 months
- Recipient: Miranda Salvatore, Red House Events
Excellence as an Industry Partner Award
- Recognizes a CanSPEP industry partner who has demonstrated his/her commitment by supporting and promoting the reputation of CanSPEP within the wider industry community
- Recipient: Hélène Moberg, Discover Halifax
Excellence in Mentorship Award
- Recognizes a CanSPEP member who has demonstrated his/her commitment to mentoring by guiding, supporting and promoting the training and career development of fellow members and who has had a significant positive impact on their mentees’ careers
- Recipient: Heidi Wilker, CMP, Blessed Events
Inaugural President’s Award
- Recognizes an individual who has made a significant contribution to CanSPEP and the Business Events Industry through his/her leadership skills, dedication, passion and ongoing commitment
- Recipient: Bettyanne Sherrer, CMP, CMM, ProPlan Conferences & Events
SAVE THE DATE – 2018 NATIONAL CONFERENCE – July 26 to 28, 2018 – City of Greater Sudbury
As the landscape of the meeting industry and event culture has changed and grown exponentially across Canada, the Canadian Society of Professional Event Planners (CanSPEP) is now one of Canada’s most influential professional meeting planning organizations, handling thousands of meetings and events each year.
Since the organization incorporated in 1996, it has grown to include over 120 meeting planner members who traditionally work in non-corporate, autonomous environments – consulting, advising and specializing in event planning.
Meagan Rockett, Association Ambassador, 613-288-4539 or email@example.com