The Canadian Society of Professional Event Planners (CanSPEP) has established these Professional Principles to set out ethical and professional guidelines for its members while working with clients, suppliers, the public and each other. Members pledge to abide voluntarily by these Principles. These Principles have been developed & established by Association members.
The purpose of these principles is to identify those professional obligations and responsibilities that serve to protect the client and the public. These principles are also designed to identify clearly the expectations of members with respect to other members and the profession.
A Member will:
- Always act in the best interests of the clients, suppliers, members and the profession
- Serve with integrity, competence and objectivity
- Keep client confidentiality and use proprietary information only with permission
- Disclose potential conflicts of interest
- Not represent another’s work as their own
- Embrace the Human Right Commission’s Guidelines for the Workplace